So, you’re wondering if our service is really free. How can that be? How do we make any money? We’ve heard it all. Let us take this opportunity to clearly explain what is and what isn’t free on our websites.
Yes, our service is free. You may register at no cost. Also at no cost, you may place an unlimited number of ads. Lastly, at no cost, you may upload one photo for each ad you place. We’ll put that in bullet points so it’s easier to read:
- Free registration – Free placement of an unlimited number of ads – One free photo per ad – One free Youtube video per ad – No cost to renew your free ads (ads without upgrades)
That’s a pretty good deal. That’s why we say our service is free – because it is. We can estimate that our free service covers about 99% of people out there. All those people are content with using nothing more than what we offer at no cost.
Now, we know that there are a good number of people who are interested in more than what our free service offers. They want their ads to be different. They want their ads to stand out from the other ads on the website. We get that, so we set up some paid featured that will enable your ad to be different than many others on our websites. We call these paid features upgrades. We’ll list these paid upgrades using bullet points so they are easy to read:
- $5 for featured ad on website homepage
- $4 for featured ad on category page
- $4 to have your ad title and text bolded and the box it is in on the category page colored
- $4 to have your ad placed in a more favorable position as compared to other ads that do not have this upgrade
- $3 to add a small graphic called an “attention getter” next to the title of your ad
- $2 each to add additional photos beyond the one free photo we allow per ad (we allow a total of 12 photos per ad)
- $2 each to add additional Youtube videos beyond the one free video we allow per ad (we allow a total of 4 videos per ad)
*** Just to be clear, you are in no way obligated to pay for any of these upgrades in order to place an ad on our websites. You can still, at any time, place free ads and upload one free photo and one free video per ad you place. ***
Okay, now we’ll explain some common questions we get about each upgrade:
- Featured ad on homepage – When you pay for this upgrade, your ad will be placed in the mix with other ads of the same status. Since there are usually more than this number ads on our website that have this featured upgrade, all featured ads can not show on the homepage at the same time. Because of this, our system randomly rotates featured ads to show on the homepage. Your ad may not show every time you load the page, but it will show randomly throughout the day for as long as your ad runs.
- Featured ads on category pages – This type of ad is very similar to the featured ad shown directly above. The only difference is that this ad is featured on the category pages and not the homepage. When your ad has this upgrade, your ad will rotate among other ads with the same status. Like above, your ad may not show all the time if there are more featured ads in the category your ad is featured in. We show featured ads at the top of category pages.
- Ad bolding and coloring – This upgrade is fairly straightforward. When you pay for this upgrade, the title and description snippet is bolded on the category page that your ad is located on. Also, the box your ad is shown in will be colored more vibrantly than other ads that don’t have this upgrade attached to them.
- Ad better placement – When you pay for this upgrade, your ad will be put into better placement status on the respective category page when compared to other ads without this upgrade. This means that if your upgraded ad is listed in a category with 21 other ads that don’t have this upgrade, your ad will show at the top of the list of regular ads. This does not include featured ads. Featured ads on the category page will show above better placement ads. If there is more than one ad with the better placement upgrade in the category your ad is placed in, your ad will randomly rotate among these other ads.
- Ad attention getters – This is fairly straightforward as well. When you purchase this upgrade, your ad will simply have the graphic of your choosing next to the title.
- Additional photos – Again, we allow you to upload one free photo per ad. If you would like to upload more photos to display with your ad, you may at the cost of $2 per additional photo. We allow a total of 12 photos per classified ad.
- Additional videos – Again, we allow you to include one free video per ad. If you would like to include more videos to display with your ad, you may at the cost of $2 per additional video. We allow a total of 4 videos per classified ad.
We hope this clearly explains how our service is free and how you are given the ability to pay for upgrades at our classifieds websites. As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.