Search

2002 BMW K1200LT

1K Total Thread Views | 1 Reply | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by n3kfhdon · Posted: )

fredtman

Reaction Score
2002 BMW K1200LT. 47,031 miles, but I’m still riding so mileage will go up some. I’ve been riding motorcycles for over 50 years and have lost track of how many I’ve owned or ridden. This K1200LT is by far the best in every way. I’ve done an Iron Butt certification ride on it (That’s 1,000 miles in less than 24 hours). I completed that ride in about 17 hours and there was nothing to it on this bike. It has all the standard features that come on a K1200LT:

Cruise control

Heated grips

Heated rider & passenger seats

Adjustable rider seat

Electrically operated windshield adjustment

Alarm system with 2 remotes

AM/FM radio

CD player

6-disc CD changer (not currently mounted)

Two D.C. power outlets for accessories

Trip computer for average MPG/average speed/distance to empty/ambient temperature

Reverse gear operated by the starter motor

ABS & Linked braking

Flip down mirror with light in top trunk so your lady passenger can fix her makeup and helmet hair.

Complete OEM tool kit with BMW tire repair kit.

In addition the original owner or I have added and done the following:

Rider back rest, adjustable

BMW cup holder

Garmin Streetpilot GPS with mount

Cell phone mount, hotwired to charge your phone on the go.

J&M CB radio/MP3 player with handlebar controller

Baehr Intercomm system

J-Pegs and drop down pegs to stretch your legs out

Two additional auxiliary D.C. power ports (total of 4 power ports, 2 are standard BMW Powerlet style & two are SAE cigarette lighter style)

Digital voltmeter installed in the dash

V-Stream extra wide and extra tall windshield. This windshield is coated with a scratch-proof coating. I’ve had this windshield on for over 5 years and it still looks new (once you clean the bugs off)

Cee Baileys headlight guard

HID headlight bulb

Tail trunk luggage rack with additional brake light

Additional cargo platform, mounted to a Dauntless trailer hitch. Hitch receiver and wiring harness are included, but never used. So, if you want to pull a trailer this bike is all set to go.

Wing lights. Amber colored lights in the fairing side wings for greater night visibility from the sides.

New rear view mirrors less than a year ago.

Mirror tethers

Metal quick disconnect fittings on fuel tank

Removed the fuel vapor recovery canister. Also known at bmwlt.com as performing a "canisterectomy"

Drilled weep/drain holes in clutch slave cylinder housing and gearbox bell housing

Grip Puppies hand grips

Ride-On tire balancer and sealant in both tires. Protects from tire punctures, but I use it primarily for the balancing feature. I’ve never put weights on a tire or had them balanced by a shop.

Four ignition keys that also lock the saddle bags and tail trunk.

Just completed the spring maintenance; engine oil & filter, rear differential fluid, brake fluid flushed, clutch fluid flushed, anti freeze flushed. Battery less than a year old, new rear brake pads (fronts still have plenty of wear), new rear brake master cylinder hose, front tire tread 3/32, rear tire tread 4/32.

Two helmets with headphones and microphones included. Shoei Multitec, size large. HJC size medium

Beautiful bike, but if you look closely you’ll see some dings and scratches. This is a very top heavy bike and I’ve dropped it a few times in the garage or parking lot, never on the road at speed. BMW built a great protective system into these bikes like they were expecting you to drop it.

The sound system stopped working last fall while on a long road trip and in the rain. I’m not a good spark chaser so if you are maybe you can find the problem. But, the J&M system still works so you can use the intercom/CB radio or connect your cell phone or other MP3 player

I am the second owner, but the original owner was a fanatical engineer that kept meticulous records. He had put over $5,000 additional into this bike in upgrades, maintenance, and service. All that was done and the cost is on an Excel spreadsheet on a thumb drive. Receipts and paper copies of everything are in a huge three-ring binder. I have tried to keep up these records and will include the thumb drive and binder. Original owner’s manuals and Garmin operator manual. Also included are a BMW K1200LT workshop manual and a service manual on CD.

Year
Make
BMW
Model
K1200LT
Price
$4,800
City
Bourbonnais
State
Illinois - IL
Zip Code

Attachments

• IMG_6160.jpg
    IMG_6160.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6161.jpg
    IMG_6161.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6164.jpg
    IMG_6164.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6174.jpg
    IMG_6174.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fred,

I realize that you posted this one year ago already.
I figured that I'd reach out and still see if you have this bike and still looking to sell her?

Don