Search

2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 with 26K Miles on the Odometer...

• Thread starter Sidewinder
  • Start date

833 Total Thread Views | 2 Replies

Sidewinder

Sidewinder

Reaction Score
Got a modified KLR 650 for sale, it's lighter than the average KLR and can handle all kinds of offroad & trail-riding action, with the exception of deep sand, lol. Aftermarket tank, DG exhaust, aluminum swingarm, burly skid plate under the case, Tusk guards on the bars, Dunlop D606 knobbies front & rear, etc. Photos below will give y'all an idea of what the bike looks like... that aftermarket tank is kinda ugly, but I have the original metal tank, as well as some other parts that go with the bike. The bike was essential as it appears here when I bought it a couple of years ago, I've just changed the oil and kept the bike clean, storing it under cover in a metal shed... that cover, lock, etc, also go with the bike. It's a sweet deal for the right buyer, I assure you.
This is a solid bike with heaps of life left in it... wheels are true, the front tire is new, and the rear tire still has some life left, the bike is street legal and I have a clear title in hand... I'm willing to let this bike go for $2200 firm, as I've had a lot of fun on it but I need something a little lighter now, due to my age (60s). Interested prospective buyers can see more trail-riding pics at a website that has photos posted, I'll share that info with whoever wants to buy the bike. I've seen similar bikes going for twice as much, I just wanna sell this bike to a younger hand who can put it to good use, and I'm gonna look for something lighter for trail riding in the future. It's an age-related thing, lol.

I also have a primo riding suit which I may sell with the bike, or give to some hand who doesn't try to haggle over the price. It's an insulated Bilt suit, pants & jacket, and it's quite comfortable, I've used it for riding in our local mountains and it has always served me well. I can send pics of the riding suit later, right now I'm watching football, lol. Gotta love Thanksgiving Weekend! Alright, that's my spiel for now, whoever buys this bike will score a good deal, these KLRs are virtually bulletproof. I have some Sedici saddlebags, the cool waterproof kind, but they'll have to be rerigged since the straps started to give way... I had the bags overloaded while using them as picnic & beer coolers, lol. Cheers!

IMG_5726.JPG IMG_5739.JPG IMG_5735.JPG IMG_5731.JPG

Year
Condition
Used
Make
Kawasaki
Model
KLR 650
Price
$2200
City
Alamogordo
State
New Mexico - NM
Zip Code
No replies yet? I guess nobody wants an old KLR... I'd be open to a trade for a lighter Enduro or "dual sport" bike, in case anybody has one in decent shape. It has to be running, just like mine, and not be thrashed, yeah? I originally meant to buy a thumper in the 400-450cc range, but this KLR came along while I had the money, and the mods do make it a bit lighter, but I'd still like to knock off about 100 lbs. It's an age-related thing, wanting a lighter bike, though I've had a lot of fun aboard this KLR. Just gotta ride it like a soul surfer, rather than a "Crusty Demon o' Dirt!" I'd gladly swap it for a lighter bike, anything between 125cc and 500cc without the excess weight. I'll check back later and see if anyone has a bike to trade, otherwise the bike is still for sale. Cheers!

Dropping the price to $2000 firm, and that includes all the extra parts and gear. I'll check back later, aye?