Search

Anyone Own an Arch KRGT-1?

1K Total Thread Views | 3 Replies | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by CaptainDan · Posted: )

KodyWallice

Pro Member
Reaction Score
There was a thread on this site that talked about the Arch KRGT-1. I don't know where it went. I can't find it. Anyway, the guy who posted it included the specs of the bike. I remember that it cost over $85,000. Can this be true? Can a motorcycle really cost this much and if so, what in the world would justify that? I suppose it's akin to the Lamborghini of bikes. I'd like to get some first hand knowledge of someone who owns this motorcycles. What's it like? How much did you pay? Was it worth it?

There are a few resources you can view to take a look at the specifics for this bike. Check out this article:

https://ridermagazine.com/2019/12/09/2020-arch-krgt-1-first-ride-review/

And take a look at this video:

The guy who test rode it said that it's an incredible ride. The only downside reported was that the bike felt slightly top heavy going into turns, but that once into the turn, the cornering was spot on. Also, as far as expensive motorcycles go, after viewing this list, you may think the Arch KRGT-1 is a bargain.

Neiman Marcus Limited Edition Fighter – $11 million
1949 E90 AJS Porcupine – $7 Million
Ecosse Spirit – $3.6 million
The Yamaha BMS Chopper – $3 million
Harley Davidson Cosmic Starship – $1.5 million
Dodge Tomahawk V10 Superbike – $550,000
Legendary British Vintage Black – $400,000
Ecosse FE Ti XX – $300,000
Ducati Desmosedici D16RR NCR M16 – $232,500
NCR Macchia Nera – $225,000

When a bike hasn't been put into mass production, the price can be astronomical. That's called economy of scale. Even the Harley Davidson CVO Limited comes in at $44,000. Lesser known brands produce motorcycles such as the Vyrus 987 C3 4V, which can come with a price tag of $103,800. Lesser known brands aren't the only makers that command high prices. Check this out: the Suzuki AEM Carbon Fiber Hayabusa will set you back $200,000. That's crazy. But hey, to each his own.

That's crazy. But hey, to each his own.
Yeah, no kidding. Here's an article about the most expensive production bikes of 2020:

https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/story/bikes/most-expensive-cruiser-motorcycle/

And here's the same site talking about the Arch for $85,000:

https://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/story/bikes/2020-arch-motorcycle-krgt-1-ride/

I'd love to test ride that bike, that's for sure.

Here are the KRGT-1's specs straight from the manufacturer's site:

• 124ci (2032cc) S&S Cycle T124 45-degree downdraft fuel-injected V-Twin engine
  • Proprietary Six-speed drivetrain with compact high-torque mainshaft and compact dry clutch
  • Tubular steel frame with CNC-machined aluminum subframe
  • New ergonomically improved CNC-machined billet aluminum fuel cells
  • New ARCH/Öhlins proprietary FGRT series fork, fully adjustable
  • ARCH/Öhlins proprietary rear shock with reservoir, hydraulic pre-load adjustment, fully adjustable
  • Front Brakes: Dual ISR six-piston monobloc radial mount calipers with ISR floating dampened discs
  • Rear Brakes: Single ISR four-piston monobloc radial mount caliper with ISR semi-floating disc
  • 19” Front / 18” Rear BST carbon fiber five-spoke wheels
  • Michelin Commander II tires
  • Forward control foot positioning
  • Custom tailored fit and finishes
  • CARB / EPA compliant
  • Equipped with Bosch Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS)

And the weight is only 538 pounds, which isn't bad for the huge engine this monster comes with at over 2000ccs. I once owned a 1993 Suzuki GSXR 1100 that weighed just about that and the engine wasn't nearly as large. Then again, my bike was old and had four carburetors and I'm assuming more steel than the Arch is made with. I'm seeing lots of aluminum in the above spec list. Today, a motorcycle from 1993 would be considered a dinosaur, due to the years that have passed as well as the lack of technology. My buddy owned a GSX-R 1000 from a few years after 2000 (I can't remember the exact year) that weighed only around 375lbs. What a huge difference.

Click Here To Start Advertising Your For Sale Ads
Back