Search

Can I Advertise My Motorcycle Only in My Local Area?

1K Total Thread Views | 1 Reply | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by Admin · Posted: )

KristinaW

Pro Member
Reaction Score
I'm not interested in having people come from across the country to pick up my motorcycle and I'm not going to deliver it either to someone who wants to buy it. I know these are national motorcycle and ATV classifieds, but is there a way I can target my local area so just those people can see my listing?

Hi Kristina,

While do don't limit ads to certain areas for visibility, we certainly do target different geographic locations. After you post your ad to sell your motorcycle, ATV or whatever, we check to see where you are located or where you're attempting to sell from. Then, we add geographic tags to your listing. We start off by adding one for the state in which you live and then another, if applicable, to the largest metropolitan area that's closest to you. Sometimes there is no metro area that's reasonably near you and in those cases, we don't apply one of those tags to the advertisement.

The reason we do this is two-fold. First, visitors to our website can click on these descriptive tags to visit those tag pages and locate bikes that are close to where they live. Second, tags help with our internal search engine. When a visitor searches for "Honda FourTrax Rincon in Dallas" or "Can-Am Outlander in California," those tags will help give the most targeted results to people are able to find what they're looking for.

I hope this helps.