Search

My New 2018 Polaris Sportsman 850 ATV

1K Total Thread Views | 2 Replies | Jump to Last Post (Latest Reply by JGaulard · Posted: )

JGaulard

Administrator
Pro Member
Reaction Score
I just wanted to show this bad boy off a bit. I picked this Sportsman up from Peru, Maine last week and have only ridden it once since I got it. It's practically brand new. It's got 600 miles on it and came with tons of extras - even loading ramps, which was very kind of the seller to throw in.

I originally wanted to purchase a brand new 2019 Sportsman because I honestly didn't trust any previous rider to not beat on their ATV. There's lots of mud riding around these parts in Maine, so I was hesitant to get into that whole mess. Then, I saw this bike on Craigslist for $7500. I dismissed it because I wasn't really looking in earnest. I wanted to wait until September or October to buy. I checked a week later though and I saw that the price dropped to $7000. I did the math in my head, asked a few questions, discovered that the seller was an adult who wasn't crazy and went over and bought it. For those who are unaware, Peru is near Rumford and Mexico.

I've put about 10 miles on it since I got it. I have no interest in riding it until it gets a bit cooler outside. I'd like to take it to a few mountain tops and then do some hauling of logs out of the woods. I've got a sweet little trailer for that. I'll hitch it right up and roll that firewood out.

Anyway, let me know what you think. I took some photos of what matters.

2018-polaris-sportsman-850.jpg polaris-sportsman-aftermarket-tires-wheels.jpg polaris-sportsman-front-winch.jpg polaris-sportsman-gearbox.jpg

Here are some additional photos.

polaris-sportsman-rear-axles.jpg polaris-sportsman-rear-shock-axle.jpg polaris-sportsman-rear-wheel-hub.jpg

I forgot to add that I also took a video of this ATV running. I did a pretty slow walk-around and tried to get all the areas I could. I know how people like the details of these sorts of things. If there's anything you'd like to see video or photos of, please let me know and I'd be happy to help you out.