Search

Polaris Sportsman 850 vs. Can-Am Outlander 850: Which is Better?

2K Total Thread Views

JGaulard

Administrator
Pro Member
Reaction Score
As I've stated in my previous two posts (here and here), I'm in the market for a 4-wheel drive ATV. If I decide to go with a brand new machine, it's going to be either the
Polaris Sportsman 850 or the Can-Am Outlander 850. Obviously, if they're brand new, they'll be the 2019 models. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'm no expert at knowing the ins and outs of these types of machines. The most recent ATV (quad) I've owned was a Yamaha Banshee. Before that, a Suzuki Quad Racer. Needless to say, neither of these offered power steering. How far we've come. I don't want power steering though - just so you know.

I am at the point of thinking that both the Polaris and Can-Am are awesome. By this time, I'd say that both brands have worked out the kinks of earlier models and anyone would be happy to own either. By over analyzing, we're probably splitting hairs. That's not going to stop me from asking advice though. I'd like to know what your take is on both of these ATVs. Which ATV do you like more? Is there something you truly despise on either? Is there a feature that you love, hate, would rather not see or wish was included? If you own either of these machines, please let me know what it was that made you choose the Can-Am over the Polaris or vice-versa. I'm very interested, as your commentary may make the difference when it comes to my purchase. This morning, I was leaning towards the Polaris, but now I'm leaning towards the Can-Am. I'd be happy with either one.

Looking forward to your response.